Thursday, August 23, 2012

Measure of Success

I write under two names.  It helps to differentiate between two different genres so that someone expecting a paranormal romance won't be finding themselves in the middle of a middle grade epic fantasy.

My first middle grade epic fantasy is for sale on Amazon and we got it for our Kindle.  My 9 year old read it non stop for hours...my measure of success since I wrote this story for my sons.  The best part is when I asked him if he liked it he said, "Yea!  I hope they make the Legos of it!" 

So, now I know that the measure of how successful my writing is to my son is by whether or not there are Lego kits of my books, which I will admit would be pretty cool.


Lochwood







     Aaron Weller has always lived a sheltered life with his brothers and strange parents until one day they decide it is time for Aaron to go to a school run by elves.
    Aaron has to figure out how to control the weather, play an instrument, and balance on tree limbs in addition to passing classes where not every professor likes him. In a place hidden from the world he is used to, and away from his brothers who have always been his best friends, Aaron must figure out how to survive on his own, how he fits into the secret legends involving his father, and how to avoid whoever is trying to keep him from accomplishing those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment